Get Plumper, Fuller-Looking Skin with Dermal Fillers in Wilmington, NC
Around the age of 25, your skin starts to change. Your body starts to produce less collagen, which makes your skin less elastic and firm. We lose 1% of collagen per year starting in our 20s. You may notice thinning of the under-eye skin or loss of the volume under your eyes or medial cheek first, and then you may notice marionette lines and sagging of the jaw area around the mouth.
Dermal fillers are a powerful way to restore that lost volume and plumpness. While dermal fillers are often called “wrinkle fillers,” they do so much more than that. They’re a popular option for filling out lips, smoothing your chin, and restoring lost volume to temples, jawline, or cheeks.
Whatever your skincare goals, our skin care professionals at United Medical and Aesthetics in Wilmington, North Carolina, are here to help you.
What Are Dermal Fillers, and What Do They Do?
Botox and dermal fillers are the two most popular types of injectable cosmetic treatments. The main difference between the two is how they improve your skin. Unlike Botox, which relaxes your muscles to reduce wrinkles, dermal fillers help to plump up, add volume, and soften creases in your skin. Fillers can often be overused, but a skilled provider or an advanced injector can and should explain how they are properly used to help the loss of deep and superficial fat pads and areas of bone loss.
At United Medical and Aesthetics, our dermal fillers treat the face, specifically your temples, cheeks, chin, and jawline. We often use them on the hands, neck, and chest. Our dermal filler procedure rejuvenates your skin by:
- Restoring fullness and volume
- Diminishing fine lines and wrinkles
- Creating younger-looking, fresher skin
- Revealing more visible bone structure along your jawline and cheeks
- Certain dermal fillers, such as the hyaluronic acid-based varieties, may also help to soften scar tissue
What Type of Dermal Fillers Does United Medical and Aesthetics Use?
Each of the products we use is created with ingredients that are naturally found in your body. The two categories of dermal fillers we use are:
- Hyaluronic acid (HA)-based fillers. HA is naturally produced in your skin and commonly found in cosmetics. HA fillers are soft like a gel, and their results can last from 6-12 months
- Calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA)-based fillers. This calcium-based filler is a slightly thicker substance and typically doesn’t use any animal products – making it a go-to option for vegans. These fillers are longer-lasting than HA-based fillers and can stay up to 18 months in the body, build your own collagen and improve the quality of your skin
At United Medical and Aesthetics, we partner with the following dermatological and skin care companies that lead the way in developing premium, cutting-edge injectables:
- Galderma. Their Restylane® line of injectables is credited with being the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal filler specifically for lips and wrinkles around the mouth
- Allergan. JUVÉDERM®, their HA-based filler line, is considered the leading dermal filler collection globally
- Revanesse®. Versa™ and Lips™ are two HA dermal fillers that help balance the contours of your skin and are for more moderate or severe skin care cases
- Merz. Belotero and Radiesse® are part of their holistic line that provides natural-looking, smooth results. Plus, Radiesse® is the first and only CaHA-based filler approved by the FDA
All of our dermal filler treatments are minimally invasive using a needle or cannula and are considered generally safe with little downtime. Depending on the filler type, the results can be immediate and improve over three months.
Because our fillers are considered natural, your body will absorb the fillers over time. This means you’ll need to come back from time to time for a refresh.
Using Sculptra as a way to add volume where it is needed
In addition to dermal fillers, our team also provides Sculptra injections. Unlike dermal fillers, which are designed to add volume to the skin, Sculptra works by stimulating the body’s own collagen production. This collagen helps to rebuild lost facial structure and restore natural-looking fullness in areas such as the cheeks, chin, and jawline.
Sculptra is an ideal non-surgical option for individuals looking for a more natural, gradual result without the need for an invasive procedure. It is best used to address the loss of facial volume but can also be used to add volume right where it is needed.
Your dermal filler consultation
An in-person, in-depth consultation is the best way to find out if you’re a candidate for our dermal filler treatments. During your consultation, we will discuss your skincare goals and expectations. We’ll also describe the process and financial investment.
Our team will then share with you how to prepare for your treatments. This includes avoiding alcohol and not taking certain medications or supplements, like Aspirin, Motrin, Tretinoins, fish oil, and Vitamin E, the day before your treatment.
What you can expect with dermal filler injections
At United Medical and Aesthetics, our dermal filler procedure is simple and straightforward:
- We’ll take a close look at your skin’s appearance and your skin tone. We will then note the specific places where we’ll apply the injections
- We will then clean and prepare your skin. This may include applying ointment to help with any potential discomfort
- Then comes the injection itself. Depending on the treatment areas, this could take as little as 15 minutes or as long as an hour
- Before you leave, we will ensure your face is clean, clear, and ready to go
- After your treatment, you may notice some bruising, swelling, tenderness, or redness
- You will be given a follow-up in two weeks to check the results and for any complications
Rest assured that this is temporary. Side effects typically resolve within the first week after your treatment. Our team will ensure you leave your appointment with post-care instructions, proper follow-up, and emergency contact.
Schedule your dermal filler consultation today!
The first step to fuller-looking skin with dermal fillers is to schedule your in-person skin care consultation at United Medical and Aesthetics.
You can reach us by calling (910) 226-0355 or filling out our contact form. We’re looking forward to helping you get fuller and smoother-looking skin!
Lip Filler | Before & After Treatment
[Before and After Images sliding and Music Playing]
Before & After Treatment Images
Aleta Sloan is United Medical and Aesthetics' founder, owner, and chief practitioner. Her love and enthusiasm for healthy food and exercise is the driving force that makes her want to assist everyone who walks in through the doors of her practice.
Aleta graduated from one of the country's first PA schools at 23 and became the first PA in Eastern North Carolina. She has sustained her privileges at Carolina East Medical Center for the past 30 years and is dedicated to serving her community in emergency medicine, internal medicine, and cardiology.
Her passion for aesthetic medicine has motivated her to enroll in many hours of continuing education courses. She looks forward to assisting you in all your requirements while assuring that your trust is always in excellent hands, regardless of your goals!