Get Plumper, Fuller-Looking Skin with Dermal Fillers in Wilmington, NC
Around the age of 25, your skin starts to change. Your body starts to produce significantly less collagen, which makes your skin less elastic and firm. You may start to notice your jawline or cheeks starting to sag or the skin thinning out on your hands.
Dermal fillers are a powerful way to restore that lost volume and plumpness. While dermal fillers are often called “wrinkle fillers,” they do so much more than that. They’re a popular option for filling out lips, smoothing out your chin, and restoring lost volume to temples or cheeks.
Whatever your skincare goals, our skincare specialists at United Medical and Aesthetics in Wilmington, NC, are here to help you reach them. To schedule a consultation, call (910) 226-0355 or contact us online today!
What Are Dermal Fillers, and What Do They Do?
The two most popular types of injectable cosmetic treatments are Botox and dermal fillers. The main difference between the two is how they improve your skin. Unlike Botox, which relaxes your muscles to reduce wrinkles, dermal fillers help to plump up, add volume, and soften creases in your skin.
At United Medical and Aesthetics, our dermal fillers treat your hands and your face, specifically your temples, cheeks, chin, and jawline. Our dermal filler procedure rejuvenates your skin by:
- Restoring fullness and volume
- Diminishing fine lines and wrinkles
- Creating younger-looking, fresher skin
- Revealing more visible bone structure along your jawline and cheeks
Certain dermal fillers, such as the hyaluronic acid-based varieties, may also help to soften scar tissue.
What Type of Dermal Fillers Does United Medical and Aesthetics Use?
Each of the products we use is created with ingredients that are naturally found in your body. The two categories of dermal fillers we use are:
- Hyaluronic acid (HA)-based fillers. HA is naturally produced in your skin and is a commonly found ingredient in cosmetics. HA fillers are soft like a gel, and their results can last from six to twelve months.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA)-based fillers. This calcium-based filler is gel-like in substance and typically doesn’t use any animal products – making it a go-to option for vegans. These fillers are longer-lasting than HA-based fillers and can stay up to 15 months in the body.
At United Medical and Aesthetics, we partner with the following dermatological and skincare companies who lead the way in developing premium, cutting-edge injectables:
- Galderma. Their Restylane® line of injectables is credited with being the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal filler specifically for lips and wrinkles around the mouth.
- Allergan. JUVÉDERM®, their HA-based filler line, is considered the leading dermal filler collection in the world.
- Revanesse®. Versa™ and Lips™ are two HA dermal fillers that help balance the contours of your skin and are for more moderate or severe skincare cases.
- Merz. Belotero and Radiesse® are part of their holistic line that provides natural-looking, smooth results. Plus, Radiesse® is the first and only CaHA-based filler approved by the FDA.
All of our dermal filler treatments are non-invasive, meaning that you’ll have virtually no downtime – and results are immediate.
Because our fillers are considered natural, your body will absorb the fillers over time. This means that you’ll need to come back from time to time for a refresh.
Your Dermal Filler Consultation
The best way to find out if you’re a candidate for our dermal filler treatments is through an in-person skincare consultation. During your consultation, we will discuss your skincare goals and expectations. We’ll also describe the process and financial investment.
Our specialist will then share with you how to prepare for your treatments. This includes avoiding alcohol and not taking certain medications or supplements, like Aspirin, Motrin, Tretinoins, fish oil, and Vitamin E the day before your treatment.
What You Can Expect with Dermal Filler Injections
At United Medical and Aesthetics, our dermal filler procedure is simple and straightforward:
- We’ll take a close look at your skin’s appearance and your skin tone. We will then note the specific places where we’ll apply the injections.
- Our specialist will then clean and prepare your skin. This may include applying ointment to help with any potential discomfort.
- Then comes the injection itself. Depending on the treatment areas, this could take as little as 15 minutes or as long as an hour.
- Before you leave, we will make sure your face is clean, clear, and ready to go.
After your treatment, you may notice some bruising, swelling, tenderness, or redness. This may give an “overfilled” appearance to where you received the injections.
Rest assured that this is temporary. Side effects typically resolve within the first week after your treatment. Our team will make sure you leave your appointment knowing exactly how to care for your skin during this time.
Schedule Your Dermal Filler Consultation Today!
The first step to fuller-looking skin with dermal fillers is to schedule your in-person skincare consultation at United Medical and Aesthetics. You can reach us by calling (910) 226-0355 or by filling out our contact form. We’re looking forward to helping you get fuller and smoother-looking skin!
Aleta Sloan is United Medical and Aesthetics' founder, owner, and chief practitioner. Her love and enthusiasm for healthy food and exercise is the driving force that makes her want to assist everyone who walks in through the doors of her practice.
Aleta graduated from one of the country's first PA schools at 23 and became the first PA in Eastern North Carolina. She has sustained her privileges at Carolina East Medical Center for the past 30 years and is dedicated to serving her community in emergency medicine, internal medicine, and cardiology.
Her passion for aesthetic medicine has motivated her to enroll in many hours of continuing education courses. She looks forward to assisting you in all your requirements while assuring that your trust is always in excellent hands, regardless of your goals!